Short Course Enrolment Agreement
- The ‘College’ or ‘AICD’ means the Australian Institute of Fashion Design Pty Ltd, trading as: ‘Australian Institute of Creative Design’, ‘Australian Institute of Makeup & Styling’, ‘Australian Institute of Beauty Therapy’, ‘Australian Institute of Fashion Design’ and/or ‘Australian Institute of Interior Design’.
- The ‘Student’ means the person applying to participate in the Course as per the Enrolment Form and their parent or guardian in the case that the Student is under 18 years of age.
- The ‘Enrolment Form’ means the online form (https://aicd.edu.au/short-course-online-enrolment-form.php) filled out and submitted by the Student.
- The ‘Course’ means the series of classes/lessons offered by the College under the name of course selected on the Enrolment Form.
- The ‘Course Position’ means the position granted by the College for the Student to participate in the Course starting on the selected Course Start Date as selected on the Enrolment Form.
- The ‘Course Deposit’ means the minimum non-refundable administration fee required to enrol and secure a position in the Course.
- The ‘Course Fees’ means the total course price including the Course Deposit for the course/s selected on the Enrolment Form.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment:
- The Student hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Course Fees are for a Course Position for that Student to undertake the Course. The Course Fees being payment for that Course Position, are payable whether the Student attends or completes the Course or not. Upon receipt of this Enrolment Form by the College, the student agrees to be contractually bound to pay in full, the full Course Fees in accordance with this agreement.
- A minimum non-refundable Course Deposit of $200 for Courses $200 or more, or equal to the full Course Fee payment for courses $200 or less is required to enrol and secure a position in the Course selected and must accompany this form. The Course Deposit will not be refunded in any circumstance except if the Course is cancelled by the College.
- The balance of the Course Fees is due no later than 10 business days prior to the course start date. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Money Order, EFTPOS, Credit Card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- Payment plans are available by request for courses over 5 weeks in duration. An ‘Ezypay Direct Debit’ form must be completed and returned to the college at least one week prior to course commencement. Course Fees must be paid in full prior to the course finish date.
- If the outstanding Course Fees are not rendered, the debt may be referred to the College’s debt collection agency; and the Student will be liable for all costs (legal or otherwise) relating to the recovery of all monies payable including all charges and fees. Such demand may be delivered by post to the last known address of the student.
- The College is an adult-orientated learning environment, however with a Parent or Legal guardian’s permission, the College may accept students aged 14 years and above into the Course.
- Student’s under 18, must have a parent/guardian sign the Under 18 Course Permission Form (available at https://aicd.edu.au/pdf/Under_18_Course_Permission_Form.pdf) for the student to complete the course and agreeing to the conditions of the enrolment.
- Following receipt of payment for the Course Deposit the College will email you a Confirmation of Enrolment and Invoice/Receipt. If you do not receive this email within 10 business days of payment, please contact the College by phone or email.
- It is the student’s responsibility to note the date, time and venue of their course as The Australian Institute of Creative Design will only contact a student should there be a change to the initial information provided.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to be available for all scheduled classes and make-up classes are not available for missed classes.
- Courses do not run on public holidays unless otherwise stated.
CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULING BY THE AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF CREATIVE DESIGN:
- The Australian Institite of Creative Design reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the Course due to insufficient number of enrolments or for other unforeseen circumstances. The College will notify participants as soon as practical.
- A full refund of Course Fees and Course Deposit paid will be made if the Course is cancelled by The Australian Institute of Creative Design for any reason.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of the Course by the College, the College will not be held liable for travel, accommodation or other expenses incurred.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of the Course by the College, the Student will be notified and will be offered their choice of transferring to a future course date, transferring course fees paid to a different course or a refund of the Course Fees in full.
- If the Course is cancelled or rescheduled by the College and the Student selects to transfer their Course Deposit to a different course or a later start date of the same Course, this will constitute a confirmed booking into the selected Course and the policies contained in this agreement will apply to the new course.
CANCELLATION OR TRANSFER REQUESTS BY STUDENT
- The Course Deposit will not be refunded in any circumstance except where the Course is cancelled by the College as stated above.
- Please choose carefully. The full Course Fees will not be refunded if you change your mind or your circumstances change at any time less than 10 business working days prior to the scheduled course start date. The Australian Institute of Creative Design cannot accept responsibility for changes in personal circumstances or work commitments.
- Cancellations received in writing (email acceptable) no later than 10 business days prior to the scheduled start date will receive a refund of any Course Fees paid less the Course Deposit.
- No refund is available where cancellation is made less than 10 business days prior to the Course commencement date and any outstanding Course Fees will be immediately due and payable.
- If the Student is unable to attend the Course and did not apply in writing at least 10 business days prior to the start date of the Course, the student will still be liable for full payment of the Course Fees for that Course Position.
- One Course transfer will be granted without charge to those who apply to the College at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled Course commencement date. All subsequent Course transfers with at least 10 business days notice will attract an administration charge of $50 (incl. GST). Course transfers approved 10 business days or more prior to the scheduled commencement date of the Course selected on the Enrolment Form will constitute a confirmed booking into the new Course and the policies contained in this agreement will apply to the new course.
- No course transfer applications will be accepted less than 10 business days prior to the scheduled course commencement date.
- The College Directors, at their sole discretion, may offer to a Student who is unable to attend the Course, the ability to participate in a future intake of the course or a different course, if available, however the Course Fees are payment for the original Course Position as per the enrolment form completed and no refund will be given if the Student is unable to participate in, or if the College is unable to offer a future intake of the Course.
- To comply with the privacy act in all respects, the person signing this document acknowledges that all information contained in this document and all other documents given to the college pertaining to the same signatory of this document or their agent, may be given to a third party for the exclusive purpose of debt collection. This information may also be shared with a Credit Reporting Agency for the purpose of creating or maintaining an information file on the student.
- The primary purpose in collecting your information is to fulfil our business commitments to you in providing education and training. We may use the information you provide to help improve the services we deliver to you, measure interest in our services, inform you of other products and services or to comply with requirements under the law. We shall not otherwise disclose your personal information to any other party without your consent and we do not sell personal information to third parties.
CONFIDENTIALITY & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The Student agrees to keep confidential all course materials supplied by the College. Copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all course materials belong to the College.
- The Student gives full permission for the College to use photographs, video recordings and/or examples of the Student and/or their work for any use associated with the College, including for promotional purposes (e.g. advertising, website, marketing materials etc).
- If the Student does not want the College to display or publish their name, any photo’s/video recordings of the Student, or their work then the Student should notify the College in writing. This written notification shall apply from the date that it is received by the College and any works, images or recordings taken prior to this date may still be used by the College and any previously published information/images may still be displayed or used by the College.
- Any printing or photocopying that the student wishes to do at the College must be paid for. Printing prices are displayed above the printer.
- Some Courses have equipment requirements or additional materials costs. Please ensure you are aware of any additional costs requirements for your course. If you are unsure, please contact administration.
ACCEPTABLE USE AND CODE OF CONDUCT
- The Student agrees to conduct themselves in a professional and responsible manner at all times whilst on the College premises.
- The consumption of drugs and alcohol is prohibited on the College premises.
- The College Director reserves the right to terminate the student’s enrolment at any time for non-payment of Course Fees, failure to comply with the College rules and regulations, or conduct deemed unsatisfactory.
- The Student agrees to exercise reasonable care when using and handling College equipment and accessories. In the event College property or equipment is damaged or stolen as a result of the Student’s failure to exercise proper and reasonable care, the Student agrees to pay all costs associated with the repair or replacement of that property within twenty-eight (28) days of the damage occurring.
- The internet is provided for the sole purpose of research and completion of activities or assignments in relation to the Course. Personal use such as downloading of music and/or movies, social networking (i.e. Facebook, Myspace), I.M. (Instant Messaging such as ‘Windows Live Messenger’) and email are not permitted unless permission is granted by the teacher for a specific purpose relating to the completion of the Course.
- The Student is responsible for their own books, equipment and personal items and hereby releases the College from all liability and claims for loss or damage to such items, howsoever caused.
- The Student agrees that in case of an accident or illness where they require medical treatment, staff will call an ambulance and the Student will be responsible for any ambulance fees and medical costs involved.