This course has been designed to develop your knowledge of current trends in photography, learn to interpret photo-imaging assignment briefs, consult with clients to refine objectives of photography assignments, select appropriate technologies and workflows to capture images, employ aesthetic, conceptual, compositional and technical skills to photo-imaging outcomes and allow you to gain exposure to a variety of shooting styles.
The course runs 12 months, 3 days full time
Please note that term dates are subject to change, please contact us to confirm future dates if required.
Core Units: 4
Elective Units: 13
During the course you will learn the aspects of commercial portraiture and fine art photography and will work with such topics as sports and action photography, landscapes, nature, architecture, interiors, fashion, glamour, stock imagery and event photography. You will also learn extensive digital post production skills with Adobe Photoshop to enable you to create dynamic imagery to build a professional and diverse portfolio of work.
This course offers regular industry excursions and location photo shoots, which will give you amazing opportunities for portfolio development. An emphasis on industry involvement and extracurricular projects is encouraged to all students to help promote opportunities for success. Throughout the course there will be many opportunities for you to work with our students studying in our fashion, make-up, beauty, styling and interior design courses giving you further opportunities and experience.
The Diploma of Photo Imaging is vocationally orientated and provides diverse, professional and exciting outcomes in photography. Emphasisis is placed on all assessments being relevant to the current photographic industry. Major projects encourages students to showcase their unique signature styles. Final assessments include a portfolio and exhibitions to help promote students as artists and also serve as a valuable marketing tool for your career.
This qualification reflects the role of photography practitioners who possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised and technical competencies to previsualise, plan, carry out and evaluate photography services.
On successful completion of the course, students will be awarded the ‘CUA50915: Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging’ , which is nationally recognised as part of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
On successful completion of the course students will receive competencies in the following units:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have 2 or more years industry relevant experience? Have your experience recognized and increase your employment prospects by applying for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Through RPL you could reduce the duration of your studies. RPL is assessed on a case by case basis, so it is only available upon application.
*Students will be charged an administration fee of $200 per unit of competency.
On successful completion of the course, students will receive the nationally recognised CUA31120 – Certificate III in Visual Arts
The Australian Institute of creative Design offers intimate classes to cater on a personalised level for your learning experience.
Our trainers have industry current qualifications and experience, to prepare you for success in your future. We offer a range of additional short courses and workshops to support and develop your specialised skills and interests.
We offer Prepare for Success and Dress for Success workshops as well as arrange for guest speakers who are leaders in their industry. In addition to preparing our students with hands on experience within our courses; there are often events and opportunities for internships, work experience or volunteering within the creative industries which are given to us to pass on to our students.
Entry to this qualification is limited to those able to demonstrate photo imaging skills that support learning at Diploma level. In particular, they must be able to provide evidence of their ability to:
- produce a body of photo imaging work (minimum 6 images) demonstrating the ability to respond effectively to different photo imaging challenges and requirements, and the capacity to refine concepts and images in line with current industry standards
- engage with the design process by developing solutions through research, reflection and the generation and refinement of ideas
- apply knowledge of the photo imaging industry, its trends and traditions
- apply technical photo imaging knowledge and skills, including…
- use of a range of professional digital and / or film cameras and accessories for image capture
- selection and use of professional camera and lighting equipment for a range of subjects in different physical environments
- enhancement and manipulation techniques using current industry standard software
- use of electronic processing techniques.
Those skills and knowledge may have been acquired through personal or work experience, or through formal study.
- Student ID ($25)
- A Laptop Computer with the required software is required for this course – see detailed requirements below
- Adobe Creative Cloud (student version – $17.99 a month – assistance will be given with signing up)
- Printing & photocopying by students.
- Basic stationery
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Visual Diary – A3 or A4
- USB Thumb Drive (2GB recommended minimum)
- Equipment Kit ($55 + $18/month for cloud services)
- Students accepted into the program will be required to have a laptop computer with a wireless network connection. The following minimum specifications are required:
- Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n
- Minimum 4Gb RAM
- 2.5Ghz or faster processor
- Web Browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari) (free online)
- Anti Virus – Students will not be allowed to connect to our network without Anti Virus software installed and activated.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free online)
- Microsoft Office 2007 or higher (require Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
* Please check software manufacturers minimum system requirements. Student pricing available.
Upon enrolling in the course, the student (and guarantor/s) becomes liable to the institute for the full course fees.
IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE FUNDING:
Full Course Cost (Payment Plan): $13,000.00
Payment plans and finance options are available.
Study Loans is Australia’s first dedicated private student loan provider. They offer highly competitive rates, allowing you to borrow all or part of the cost through a responsible funding method. You simply pay-as-you-go with simple terms & conditions.
|BSBWHS211||Contribute to the health and safety of self and others|
|CUAACD311||Produce drawings to communicate ideas|
|CUAPPR311||Produce creative work|
|CUARES301||Apply knowledge of history and theory to own arts practice|
|BSBDES201||Follow a design process|
|BSBDES301||Explore the use of colour|
|CUAACD312||Produce computer-aided drawings|
|CUADIG315||Produce digital images|
|CUADES302||Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms|
|MSTGN2013||Identify fibres, fabrics and textiles used in the TCF industry|
|BSBESB301||Investigate business opportunities|
|BSBTWK201||Work effectively with others|